LASI Restricted Biomarker Data
Recommended Procedures for Applicants
- The Federal-Wide Assurance number and expiration date for your institution. (This is issued by the United States Department of Health and Human Services Office for Human Research Protections OR the equivalent is required for institutions with ICMR clearance;
- a copy of your current federal research grant OR contract award letter(s), OR the equivalent for institutions with federal funding in India;
- a copy of your institution's policies and procedures on scientific integrity and misconduct, including the name and address of the person or office responsible for enforcing them; and
- a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae.
- your Research Plan; and
- your Restricted Data Protection Plan.
C. Email the items in A. and B. to the LASI Core Team: LASI@g2aging.org.
D. Complete any additional internal paperwork required by HSPH.
E. Obtain and email to the LASI Core Team (following LASI approval of your Research Plan and Restricted Data Protection Plan):
- the Certification of Human Subjects Review (based on your submission of your Research Plan and Restricted Data Protection Plan); and
- a scan of the Agreement for Use of Restricted Data from the LASI Study (both will be countersigned by LASI and one returned to you).
Application emails should be directed to:
Clarence James Gamble Professor of Economics and Demography
Department of Global Health and Population
Harvard School of Public Health
665 Huntington Ave.
Building I 12th Floor, Suite 1202
Boston, MA 02115
Download of the LASI Pilot micro data requires agreement to following conditions:
Make no attempts to identify study participants.
Not to transfer LASI Public Release data to any third party other than staff or students for whom you are directly responsible.
Not to allow others to use your username and password to access this site.
To certify the destruction of any downloaded Public Release data file as well as any data files derived from the downloaded file when requested to do so by USC.
Report immediately to USC at email@example.com any disclosure of study participant identity as well as any discovery of flaws or errors in the data or documentation files.
Notify USC through use of the update function provided at this site or by electronic mail directed to firstname.lastname@example.org of changes in your electronic mail address, postal address, telephone number or organizational affiliation.
Inform our team of any written analysis using data from the LASI Pilot micro data or information from the LASI Pilot micro data documentation by sending an email to email@example.com. We also ask users to include the following acknowledgement in their written work: "This analysis uses data or information from the LASI Pilot micro data and documentation. The development and release of the LASI Pilot Study was funded by the National Institute on Ageing / National Institute of Health (R21AG032572, R03AG043052, and R01 AG030153).”