Welcome to the Gateway to Global Aging Data
About the Gateway
The Gateway to Global Aging Data is a platform for population survey data on aging around the world. This site offers a digital library of survey questions, a search engine for finding comparable questions across surveys, and identically defined variables for cross-country analysis.
- Health and Retirement Study
- Mexican Health and Ageing Study
- Costa Rican Longevity and Health Aging Study
- English Longitudinal Study of Ageing
- Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe
- Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging
- Indonesia Family Life Survey
- Japanese Study on Aging and Retirement
- Study on Global Ageing and Adult Health
- Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing
- China Health, Aging, and Retirement Longitudinal Study
- Longitudinal Aging Study in India
micro data available on this website!
View comparative study overview information in the Study Descriptions (pdf) publication.
We have developed harmonized versions of data from several international aging and retirement studies, enabling easy cross-national comparisons. Learn more
- Harmonized HRS
- RAND Health and Retirement Study
- Harmonized MHAS
- Mexican Health and Aging Study
- Harmonized ELSA
- Harmonized English Longitudinal Study of Ageing
- Harmonized SHARE
- Harmonized Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe
- Harmonized KLoSA
- Harmonized Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging
- Harmonized JSTAR
- Harmonized Japanese Study on Aging and Retirement
- Harmonized TILDA
- Harmonized The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing
- Harmonized CHARLS
- Harmonized China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study
- Harmonized LASI
- Harmonized Longitudinal Aging Study in India
- birth date, marital history, parental mortality...
- whether health limits work, doctor diagnosed health problems, health behaviors...
- word recall, serial 7s, backward counting, animal naming, orientation...
- Financial and Housing Wealth
- value of primary residence, net value of business, total family wealth...
- individual earnings, pension income, total family income...
- soon to be available
- Healthcare utilization and Insurance
- hospital stay, doctor visits, dental care, medical expenditures, health insurance...
- number of people living in household, number of children, number of living siblings...
- Retirement Plans, Expectations
- soon to be available
- currently working for pay, whether self-employed, wage rate...
- food consumption, total household consumption, per capita consumption...