Harmonized HRS End Of Life Creation Code
The Harmonized HRS End Of Life version A dataset is created using data from Wave 1 through Wave 12 of HRS.
Download the Harmonized HRS Stata Creation Code.
To run the Harmonized HRS Creation Code in Stata:
- Download and store the following Stata files from Wave 1 through 12 of the HRS in a single folder on your computer:
- RAND HRS Longitudinal File 1992-2014 ver 3
- Harmonized HRS ver B
- Cross-wave: Tracker 2016 File
- RAND HRS Exit/Post-Exit Interview f iles
- 1995 AHEAD, 1996 HRS, 1998 HRS, and 2000 HRS Core (Final) Preload HHMemberChild files (PR_MC)
- 1996 HRS Core (Final) SECTION E: Health Care and ADLs Helper file (E_HP)
- Edit lines 13 of the Stata Creation Code to list the folder location of all the HRS data and edit line 14 to list the folder location where you would like to save the Harmonized HRS dataset.
If you would prefer to work with the Harmonized HRS dataset in a statistical package other than Stata, you can convert the Harmonized HRS Stata dataset using a program such as Stat/Transfer.
If you do not have access to Stat/Transfer, you may be able to read the .dta dataset into your stat package using an “import” or “get” function.
When reading a .dta dataset into another package, it is best to first save the dataset in a Stata version 12 format using the command saveold.