Harmonized HRS Creation Code
The Harmonized HRS version B dataset is created using data from Wave 1 through Wave 12 of HRS.
Download the Harmonized HRS Stata Creation Code.
To run the Harmonized HRS Creation Code in Stata:
- Download and store the following Stata files from Wave 1 through 12 of the HRS in a single folder on your computer:
- RAND HRS Longitudinal File
- RAND HRS Family Data File
- Cross-wave: Tracker 2014 File
- Core Fat files (RAND)
- Final Core Preload (PR_MC) files
- Final Core Health Care Utilization (E_HP) files
- Edit lines 12 of the Stata Creation Code to list the folder location of the all HRS data and edit line 13 to list the folder location where you would like to save the Harmonized HRS dataset.
If you would prefer to work with the Harmonized HRS dataset in a statistical package other than Stata, you can convert the Harmonized HRS Stata dataset using a program such as Stat/Transfer.
If you do not have access to Stat/Transfer, you may be able to read the .dta dataset into your stat package using an “import” or “get” function.
When reading a .dta dataset into another package, it is best to first save the dataset in a Stata version 12 format using the command saveold.