DATA SET INSTRUCTION
If you are a first-time user or created your HRS account before 9/1/2020, you will need to create a new account to log-in and download datasets.
2. Fill out the following form at their website and click “create new account”
3. The following message will appear instructing you to check your email address.
4. You will receive an email from HRS within 24 hours containing a link to log into your new account and create a new password.
- NOTE: The link in the email can only be used once. For future visits, log in at https://hrsdata.isr.umich.edu/user with the email address used to create your account.
5. Once you set your password you will see the following screen. Click on “Data Downloads” -> "RAND HRS Products" to access the RAND HRS datasets.
*Please note that while these instructions provide a general overview of the process to access Harmonized HRS data via the Study Website, the exact steps and interface may vary slightly.