DATA SET INSTRUCTION
1. Visit the KLoSA Study website at https://survey.keis.or.kr/index.jsp.
2. For English-speaking users:
- Click on "ENGLISH" located in the top right corner of the webpage.
3. Select “SIGN UP” at the top of the page.
4. Read through the Terms of Agreement on the following page. If you agree, check the box next to “Agree” and select “OK”
5. Provide the required registration information and select "Create Account" at the bottom of the page.
6. To access the data, log in at http://survey.keis.or.kr/myinfo/login.jsp.
- Use the same ID and password that you created during the registration process.
7. Hover over “KLoSA” and click on “DATA”.
8. Select dataset of interest to download file.
10. Visit g2aging.org and register for access to the Gateway to Global Aging Data website.
11. Once logged in to the website, select “Harmonized Data” > "Get Data"
12. In the Core table, click on "Harmonized KLoSA"
Download the Harmonized KLoSA Stata Creation Code and the Harmonized KLoSA Codebook at the link provided.
13. To run the Harmonized KLoSA Creation Code in Stata:
- From the English version of KEIS download the combined KLoSA 1-8th wave (Stata) file, download the combined KLoSA 1-8th wave imputation file, and download the individual Stata exit data files for waves 2-8.
- Unzip the KLoSA 1-8th wave (Stata) file and the KLoSA 1-7th wave imputation file and place all files in the same folder as the other KLoSA data files.
- Edit line 13 of the Stata Creation Code to list the folder location of all KLoSA data for all waves and edit line 14 to list the folder location where you would like to save the Harmonized KLoSA dataset.
If you would prefer to work with the Harmonized KLoSA dataset in a statistical package other than Stata, you can convert the Harmonized KLoSA Stata dataset using a program such as Stat/Transfer. If you do not have access to Stat/Transfer, you may be able to read the .dta dataset into your stat package using an “import” or “get” function. When reading a .dta dataset into another package, it is best to first save the dataset in a Stata version 12 format using the command saveold.
*Please note that while these instructions provide a general overview of the process to access Harmonized KLoSA data via the Study Website, the exact steps and interface may vary slightly.